3 days to new year
Started early after a long time thanks to the duty of dropping my in-laws to station. Why waste an early morning- so went for a refreshing walk listening to fresh voice of Dohar singing RS.
Came back , picked up the paper and saw this "tail"line on the first page of TOI - "Fatherhood finally comes at 94" - with a picture of old man with a baby. Well not considering the biological puzzle - I was thinking what was going in his mind during the entire process. Just yesterday I was seeing the rerun of "I have got mail" and just by coincidence (probably!) I remembered the scene when Fox meets Ryan for the 1st time in the Shop Around the corner and introduce two kids- the girl as his Aunt and the boy as his brother- thats what is "big American family" .
I had the same question , what motivated people beyond an age to be a parent. Just cant think myself in the same shoes - chances of me lasting that long with my smoking , non-exercising and snacking is slim ....but what would I do if I have made it to my golden years? will I once again go through the routine of nappies, sleeples nights etc etc....or should I just enjoy my grandchildren from a corner????
Came back , picked up the paper and saw this "tail"line on the first page of TOI - "Fatherhood finally comes at 94" - with a picture of old man with a baby. Well not considering the biological puzzle - I was thinking what was going in his mind during the entire process. Just yesterday I was seeing the rerun of "I have got mail" and just by coincidence (probably!) I remembered the scene when Fox meets Ryan for the 1st time in the Shop Around the corner and introduce two kids- the girl as his Aunt and the boy as his brother- thats what is "big American family" .
I had the same question , what motivated people beyond an age to be a parent. Just cant think myself in the same shoes - chances of me lasting that long with my smoking , non-exercising and snacking is slim ....but what would I do if I have made it to my golden years? will I once again go through the routine of nappies, sleeples nights etc etc....or should I just enjoy my grandchildren from a corner????
Yet another start to my blogging (as if I am compulsive blogger)
No comments:
Post a Comment